Thursday, February 7, 2008

I love my neighbors

After last night's frozen garage door debacle, I spent the day dreading the digging ahead. On my way home, I saw that my sidewalk had been cleared, which was great, but not terribly unusual - sometimes a neighbor will run down the whole block, creating a beautifully straight snowbank.

But as I reached my house, I discovered that my entire driveway was clear, and only the garage was still entombed. Perfectly straight tire tracks lined the driveway, and there was even a tidy path to my backdoor. Now, I've joked with my neighbor Santos on a couple occasions when we were out working on our respective driveways - "Hey, you can do mine when you're done!" - but it was a very nice surprise.

I've baked chocolate chip cookies and will be leaving them on their step in the morning. Thank you, neighbor!

2 comments:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Oh, man. Thats amazing. There should be an award for that kind of thing.

I always think fondly on the Chicago area and think about coming back one day... and then I remember the snow. :)

Your picture of you in front of your house looks great by the way!

-Amber-