Monday, May 26, 2008

Failure

The great sharpening experiment has failed. Saturday, I excitedly mowed my lawn. Yep, the blades are sharper, but the cut is still horribly uneven. My lawn looks like (shorter) crap. I'm weighing my options for next steps.

In happier news, I planted a tomato plant in one of my big clay pots that line the driveway, as well as numerous herbs - basil, oregano, cilantro and dill. I plan to add a bell pepper plant in the next few days, once I find a worthy candidate.

It's been another beautiful day that triggers my allergies, but that didn't stop me from my inaugural 5 mile bike ride through the my and neighboring neighborhoods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your lawn small enough for an electric mower? The cord is a PITA, but glass mowers are loud, smelly and increasingly more costly. On the bright side, cranking up a gas mower at 7:00 a.m. on a weekend is a great way to get back at neighbors who've pissed you off.

Crysta said...

Yep, I think electric is the way to go. The lawn's only a quarter acre, and I already have the 100 ft PITA cord for my electric trimmer - it reaches all the way around with no problems.