Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sprouts

On my way home this evening, the air was brisk for the first of April, but warm compared to lately. As I came up the driveway, I slowed to glance at the flower beds, as I have for the last several days. To my surprise, there was not one, not two, but at least half a dozen tulip sprouts! They're not green, but rather a deep burgundy, so they don't really stand out against the reddish mulch. I can't recall what I planted. Last year, I had only red tulips, so I'm assuming (hoping?) they'll come back, but I think I bought a bag of mixed bulbs in October.

I was so excited, I came inside and stripped down the plastic over the glass of the front door and in the bathroom. I'll wait for the living room and bedroom until the overnight temperatures are above freezing.

Pictures tomorrow...

No comments: