Monday, July 14, 2008

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Common sense would have dictated that I mow the lawn tonight. I've got more clovers than a Lucky Charms box and the edges are looking pretty shaggy. It didn't quite need to be mowed over the beautiful, perfect weekend, and besides, it was busy. By this morning, though, I knew my days were numbered before Code Enforcement comes a-knocking.

But did I get home, change into my grubby yard clothes and mow the lawn in the 75 degree sunshine? No... instead, I whined about my super-sore legs (who knew staining and gardening could be such a lethal combination?) and lounged in the backyard with a book. And now I learn that the rest of the week will be hot and humid. Serves me right, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah....but admit it...wasn't it wonderful to lounge around in that beautiful day with a book? I think you made a good trade.